Enjoy BBQ, music, games and rides are the ingredients for a fun event for the whole family at Riverfront Ribfest from August 9 - 12 at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park in Council Bluffs.
Back for its second year, the festival features six national award-winning BBQ teams, bringing their mouthwatering rib recipes to Iowa and Nebraska. These rib teams include:
* Aussom Aussie BBQ – from Pennsylvania and Australia
* Blazin’ Bronco – from Florida
* Desperado’s BBQ & Rib Co. – from Ohio
* Cowboys BBQ – from Texas
* Johnson’s BBQ – from Virginia
* Just North of Memphis – from Minnesota
In addition to the delicious ribs, all of your favorite carnival food-inspired sides will be available for purchase from Caroline’s Catering. Beverages will also be available to purchase, thanks to our sponsor Bud Light.
It’s a little bit country, a little bit ‘90s rock and roll and more! Come early as the music begins at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The live entertainment over the four days includes something for everyone:
* Thursday, August 9: Uncle Kracker
* Friday, August 10: Travis Tritt with special guests Tyler Reese Tritt, Faren Rachels and Sack of Lions
* Saturday, August 11: Spin Doctors, Bowling for Soup and Tonic
* Sunday, August 12: Latino Appreciation Day featuring the El Patron 2nd Birthday Celebration including four Hispanic bands, a church service and horse show event.
Additional information about the bands and photos are available upon request.